About Us

T R A N S F E R S

Finding that there is a lack of support for affordable high resolution transfers, I began researching my own ways to do it. I shot a few short films and soon thereafter other filmmakers began approaching me wondering how I got my super 8 to look so good... 5 years have passed and with the support of other cinematographers, I created our little studio called Frame Discreet. Our custom super 8 and 16mm transfers have us trusted by archivists and filmmakers all across North America.

C I N E M A T O G R A P H Y

Our team of cinematographers (listed below) act as a collective, inspiring each other on and off set. We have a full range of experience working on features (Max Payne, The Hulk) to music videos (Hayden, Emily Haines), to Documentaries (CBC, YTV, MTV, Bravo!). Having our own gear and being able to supervise transfers in house allows us the freedom to create desireable 'film looks' at a much more affordable rate. In the end, we're trying to make it easier to collaborate, work with film and keep doin' what we love.

Questions? info@framediscreet.com.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Transfer Samples - super 8 64t






Pass the Cart II

A project put together by the members of the filmshooting.com forum.

Consists of 5 E64t Cartridges that have toured the world. I was fortunate enough to be involved, and this is CART #2. I shot the last film with 2 fellas in Toronto.

Had big goals for the project, but ran out of time... In the end I bucked down, set a date and convinced myself I was going to shoot it that day, make or break, no matter what. We had it all planned out, storyboarded on DSLR, and last minute the actress had to pull out as we ran out of time to shoot.

In comes plan B, shot rehearsal tests on a sony EX-1, 6 times for timing review; then rolls in the beaulieu 4008 to shoot it for real. We cut out a lot of shots which would have rounded out the toronto landscape a little better, but I was worried about it being at the end of the cart and losing a shot because I might not have the full 10'.

Ours is the last film of the 4.

No comments: