About Us

T R A N S F E R S

Finding that there is a lack of support for affordable high resolution transfers, I began researching my own ways to do it. I shot a few short films and soon thereafter other filmmakers began approaching me wondering how I got my super 8 to look so good... 5 years have passed and with the support of other cinematographers, I created our little studio called Frame Discreet. Our custom super 8 and 16mm transfers have us trusted by archivists and filmmakers all across North America.

C I N E M A T O G R A P H Y

Our team of cinematographers (listed below) act as a collective, inspiring each other on and off set. We have a full range of experience working on features (Max Payne, The Hulk) to music videos (Hayden, Emily Haines), to Documentaries (CBC, YTV, MTV, Bravo!). Having our own gear and being able to supervise transfers in house allows us the freedom to create desireable 'film looks' at a much more affordable rate. In the end, we're trying to make it easier to collaborate, work with film and keep doin' what we love.

Questions? info@framediscreet.com.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Shooting a BBOY battle on S16mm



Frame Discreet Cinematographer Justin Lovell attacked the scene with 400' 500T Fuji and our S16mm Eclair NPR package. He discreetly lit up the main floor with 2 1k Fresnels. May have to push this stuff 1 stop in processing as I was shooting 40fps ramping in camera leaving me underexposed by a stop. Will post the results once its transferred next week. This is all part of a much bigger project that I'm keeping under my cap...

UPDATE!!
Stills from the frame discreet transfer. 500T Fuji pushed 1 stop. 3rd image has been Bleach Bypassed in the processing at Niagara Custom Lab.

No comments: